Saturday, March 6, 2010

PTI felt and button embellishments

Last week I saw this post by Kristen on the PTI message board. I thought these embellies were darling and wanted to try my hand at them. I cut the NEW PTI black felt with my Big Kick and an old Sizzix die into circles, found some PTI buttons, raided my floss stash for some matching colors and did these while watching tv one night. It was so fun and easy! I added a blanket stitch to the edges.....haven't done THAT stitch in a looong time. It took me a while to get used to it again. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out...




Thanks for looking....and thanks Kristen for the link!

Sherry

20 comments:

Taheerah said...

Very funky! Love the blanket stitching round the edges!

Anonymous said...

Very cool, love these embellies! great job!

pattylt said...

Ooooo, I like these even better! I love the blanket stitch around the perimeter! (I am so going to try this!) Very nice.

Kara said...

really cute!
Kara

Dana said...

OMG! These are even better than the ones you took inspiration from Sherry! Incredible! I think you should sell them..to ME! lol

Jen Carter said...

Very cool! I LOVE those!

Jackie Solomon said...

These are just too cute and FUN! Love em!!

Pat said...

Your stitching is just perfect! I need to try to remember how to do a blanketstitch. What fun embellishments you've created. I love how the black felt really makes the color pop.

Sue Ann said...

LOVE THEM!!! I have to work on that stitch .....

IamDerby said...

ooooh pretty!

Lori said...

i agree these are much better than the ispiration ones. nice job and very stunning!!

Jennifer K said...

These are so adorable. They'd be such great additions on a card!

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

These are incredible. I love them. They're so striking!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Those doodad button embellishments are awesome! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Donna C. said...

Will you consider making and selling some? I LOVE them!!!!

Julie Campbell said...

Oooh! I just saw these on Dana's blog and fell instantly in love! HOW COOL!

Terri said...

These came out great! Love the button stitch too! Thanks for the birthday wishes as well!

Terri said...

I meant to say blanket stitch! :)

Lisa Voerg said...

What a fantastic job on this challenge. I love the embellishments!!! The buttons look so striking on the black felt. Didn't buy the black, but the more I see it I think I should put that in my cart.

Unknown said...

Cool embellishes!! they look very beautiful..well done!