I have been wanting to play around with my PTI felt some more so I thought I would use it to make a flower this time. I used a Sizzix die to cut the circles, used some hot glue to hold it together, added glitter and now I have a BIG flower. It kinda turned out larger than I anticipated. LOL! In retrospect I wish I had put the glitter on the edges of each "petal" rather in the middle but oh well.....Mom will like it anyway!
Just a quick post with a card I made using a bunch of scraps I had left over from a scrapbook page I did. Figured I would whip out a card rather than put them in the scrap pile.... never to be seen again.
The paper is from Making Memories, the pink polka dot is fabric paper from American Crafts. The sentiment is from Fillable Frames 1 from PTI and the flower was made using a new Tim Holtz die.
Life has just gotten away from me the past few weeks....hate when that happens! I have missed the past 2 challenges so I am really glad I was able to get a card done for this week. I hope to go back and do the 2 I missed as I challenged myself to do them all. Here is Becky's challenge and inspiration picture for this week:
I have been dying to use some Cosmo Cricket Material Girl papers on something so I pulled those out to get me started on my colors scheme. I cut my card using my Cricut, used a Nestability and everything else is PTI. Here is what I came up with...sorry for the glare. I am still working on getting the right lighting down in my dungeon.
Thanks so much for looking......I really appreciate it!
Last week I saw this post by Kristen on the PTI message board. I thought these embellies were darling and wanted to try my hand at them. I cut the NEW PTI black felt with my Big Kick and an old Sizzix die into circles, found some PTI buttons, raided my floss stash for some matching colors and did these while watching tv one night. It was so fun and easy! I added a blanket stitch to the edges.....haven't done THAT stitch in a looong time. It took me a while to get used to it again. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out...
Thanks for looking....and thanks Kristen for the link!
I picked up a new border punch at Michael's yesterday and I wanted to play with it so I figured I might as well work it into my challenge card for this week. After looking at it, it reminded me of PTI's Dot Spot set so 2 elements of the card were decided fairly easily! Here are the challenge details for this week:
Aren't those colors pretty together? And I love embossing so this was a fun card to play with!
Here is my take on the challenge:
I am sooo enjoying these challenges.....guess I should send some cards instead of hoarding them though huh?!?
Thanks for looking!
Supplies: ( all Papertry Ink unless stated)
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Soft Stone Ribbon: Enchanted Evening Button: Enchanted Evening Stamps: Dot Spot, Fillable Frames #1 Ink: Versamark Border Punch: EK Success And White Filagree embossing powder
I finally got my card done for this week's challenge. I actually did two since everything was out. I just changed a few details so they are slightly different. Here are the challenge details for this week:
I love these colors and love all things polka dot so this was a really fun one to work with!! Thanks again Becky! Here are the two cards I came up with....
Both are pretty simple.....that seems to be my norm. I have been waiting for Everyday Button Bits to be in stock for weeks now so I was very excited to see it last weekend. It arrived Friday and I could not wait to ink it up...love those cherries!
I am so glad I was able to get another card done this week for Becky's challenge. It is great to be storing up a variety of cards for future use! Here are the details for this week's card:
I REALLY loved this color combo and pretty much stayed true to her design. I did not have a negative stamp (guess I need to fix that!) so I just stamped on black cardstock with Fresh Snow ink. I made the flower following Dawn McVey's tutorial here. I used regular printer paper, stamped it with Text Style II and then went over the pieces with Smokey Shadow ink. I also used some Ripe Avocado ribbon to make leaves.