Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Birthday card

Tomorrow is my Mother's birthday. She needed a card and I needed an excuse to play with some stamps......here is the result.



I used my new stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps for the plaid background. The stamp set is called Off Beat Backgrounds and it is so much fun! I then pulled out my Vintage Picnic set from Papertrey Ink and my Prismacolor pencils (which I have not touched in YEARS!) and used them for the center image. I have been meaning to try my hand at coloring with my pencils for a while now. I do NOT want to try Copics as I know I will want to start collecting them too......and I do not need another obsession! After using the blender pencil I was pretty happy with my results.

Supplies:

Ink: Black, Orange Zest and Enchanted Evening (PTI)
Ribbon: Enchanted Evening (PTI)
Stamps: Vintage Picnic and Sign Language (PTI), Off Beat Backgrounds (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Nestabilities Label Four die (Spellbinders)
Prismacolor pencils

Thanks for looking!

Sherry

5 comments:

anya said...

Love it Sherry! Fantastic job with the background! Can't wait to see more!

B said...

Love your plaid background!!! :) Lovely fall card!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE your plaid background - and your card is just zing!! LOVE IT! Many thanks!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Sherry, your card is beautiful. You may not have the patience to cut & piece but you sure make a simple card look fantastic! I wish I could achieve such a look without all the hooplah! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

MintStamps said...

I love the vintage picnic set! It's so fun to use. And yes, you do need that template. It's awesome!